Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a pretty exhaustive search on the forum, and have even cruised around the net and ebay etc. trying to find these. Please read on...

So I bought this car about a month ago. So far it's been a good car, but I'm having trouble replacing the wiper blades it came with. They're date-stamped right on the underside of the blade - on the rubber - Oct. 2010, so I'm assuming they're pretty old. They still work ok surprisingly, but, yeah, it's time for new ones. I really like the mounting system of these blades - just basically lift wiper arm off windshield, rotate blade and off it comes. Brilliantly simple, and I'd like to replace with the same type if possible. There is no manufacturer shown on the blades unfortunately, but the passenger side is stamped next to the date with the #179.658 and the driver's side is numbered 80020377.

Does anyone else have these type of blades on their B5/B5.5? Can anyone identify them? Am I ****out of luck trying to find these? Thanks in advance for any input you can offer.

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, captain. I'm usually pretty good at finding things like this, and am a minor expert with vintage Yamaha parts, but your knowledge of these cars far exceeds my own. Thanks again!

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,570 Posts
Bosch wiper blades have the snap on adapter piece for it. CA19 CA21. I just replaced mine on my 04

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts