Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know where can I buy the keys to remove the double din stereo, I already went to the stealership but they told me they stopped selling the keys and that I needed to set an appointment with the service department to get it removed.. I'm gonna replace the stereo with an indash screen and a dvd player and I wanna get it done this weekend....If anyone knows where I can find them please let me know...Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Make your own.

Take a CD that you don't want anymore. Then cut out four pieces that look like this:

-----------------
--------------------

Insert them into the four slots in the front of the radio (you may have to wiggle them a little to hit the right spot), and the radio comes right out.

-Craig

·
Banned
373 Posts
03blackpassat said:
I need to know where can I buy the keys to remove the double din stereo, I already went to the stealership but they told me they stopped selling the keys and that I needed to set an appointment with the service department to get it removed.. I'm gonna replace the stereo with an indash screen and a dvd player and I wanna get it done this weekend....If anyone knows where I can find them please let me know...Thanks
Try this link. http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=69049&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=radio+remove

Works like a charm for me.

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
D.Passat00
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing