Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am rebuilding my engine from a tb problem and now it just sounds like its out of gas . how do i get gas to injectors or prime them or whatever you call it? and one more harness problem...on the drivers side if car is in service position the harness coming out of the side of car behind where corner light would be ......black and blk w brwn strip wire? i am so close please help ......is there a vag reading i can do to tell me feul pump?and is there a feul line on the front pass side that i may not have connected? i have some kinda leak but because of the hurricane in florida i am stuck till another day to find out

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
How long has the fuel been sitting? I had my car down for 3 months (1.8T A4), and it wouldn't start. Once we got it to start, it was knocking really bad. After several fuel additives, injector cleaner, octane booster, and condensation remover, it would idle fine. The engine then started misfiring under load, roughly above 3000 RPM's. After cleaning the throttle body, and changing the fuel filter, the car burned the tank of bad gas with no problems. I'd recommend the same procedures I followed, since they're cheap. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I checked the wiring diagrams and those colors aren't close to anything I saw for exterior lighting. Your color combination didn't match anything else I saw (maybe the wires have gotten discolored over time?), but I'd guess one of the following:
*Outside air temp sensor
*Horn
*Hood latch open sensor (for alarm system)

BTW, Ocala really dodged the big bullet on H. Charley, didn't we?

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DaddyMatt said:
I checked the wiring diagrams and those colors aren't close to anything I saw for exterior lighting. Your color combination didn't match anything else I saw (maybe the wires have gotten discolored over time?), but I'd guess one of the following:
*Outside air temp sensor
*Horn
*Hood latch open sensor (for alarm system)

BTW, Ocala really dodged the big bullet on H. Charley, didn't we?
very much i was very happy about that. Ocala is realy good about being in the middle but not being in the path and those wires were brwn/red and brown/black

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
B5V6 said:
How long has the fuel been sitting? I had my car down for 3 months (1.8T A4), and it wouldn't start. Once we got it to start, it was knocking really bad. After several fuel additives, injector cleaner, octane booster, and condensation remover, it would idle fine. The engine then started misfiring under load, roughly above 3000 RPM's. After cleaning the throttle body, and changing the fuel filter, the car burned the tank of bad gas with no problems. I'd recommend the same procedures I followed, since they're cheap. Hope this helps.
ill be trying those today thanks, i hope chilton has something about that stuff.ive found that book lacking in several areas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.