Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Freeflow TLX spa, was here when we bought the house, and it's probably at least a few years old. Anyway, everything has worked great except a couple of weeks ago I figured I had a slight leak and when I checked yesterday, sure enough there was drips coming out from the heater manifold. (This is an "all-in-one unit", a Spa Builders AP-4 control unit with 110 V. heater) Anyway, all it needs is three &!&^!^@*!! O-rings, and I've tried several local pool and spa stores, Home Depot, OSH, and finally the manufacturer, who had me call all the way to Oklahoma (and even then the guy routed me to what looks on his web site to be the wrong O-rings). You'd think it would be easy, in this day and age, to get a couple of damn O-rings, but no.

There are two O-rings (one at each end of the heater manifold) that are 2 1/2" by about 1/8" or so, and there is one more at the elbow to the pump that is 2". (I have pictures if that helps anyone)

Does ANYONE know where I can get these O-rings? They are apparently so rare I may give them to my wife for our next anniversary instead of diamond bracelets!!!! TIA, -Mark

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
I would look for manufacturer name and/or part numbers on the piping parts. do a google on the part number, and I guarantee that you'll find an online store that has a catalogue page that will then point out those numbers. Or once you have the info, visit you favorite supplier after calling and finding out that they carry that manufacturer.

If that fails, measuring the oring gland ID, the gland width, and the gland OD (actually ID of the mating female pipe)... I/someone could tell you a good fit for that instance. Using the actual o-ring dimensions of one that has been 'in-service' for a while can be misleading.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
O-Rings INC. said:
Our products are O-Rings. We study o-rings, we stock pile o-rings, we evolve o-rings, we chew o-rings, we advance o-rings, we educate o-rings, we trade o-rings, we fresh squeeze o-rings, we bounce o-rings, we stretch o-rings, we test o-rings, we work o-rings and we know o-rings so you won't have to.
i enjoyed that on their homepage :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts