Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my family needs help finding a car. Now here is the hitch, my dad would like it to have a 3rd row seat wagon... Now when he told me that i looked at him weird but he is stuck on it (we plan on going around him and just getting wagon).
So to make him happy tho, i am looking and all i found are MB E-series but its like $50k for the E320!!! Just for an V6!!! Is there anyone else that has an 3rd row seat?
Also what are some hot wagons.. My dad is kind of sick of the problems with had with the VW when she first got her, so he is not so happy of Audi... BMW has no 5 Series Wagon right now i see on the web.. Maybe a used one.. MB, i am worried i will have problems like my VW just cost more. Volvo, the JD power raiting is low, but it does look hot. I guess best is to hit the pavement and just check them out.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I say go for the Volvo. My neighbor has a 850 Turbo R wagon that he has modified and it looks amazing! The only problems he has had (from what he told me) is:

1) Power antenna failure
2) Driver's seat power failure
3) Sensitive leather
4) Drooping headliner
5) ABS computer
6) Wiper motor

You should also check out the Chrysler Pacifica and Cadillac SRX.

-Lelo

·
Registered
872 Posts
I hear that the newer Volvos have serious reliability problems as compared to the early to mid 90s models. I don't have any personal experience, but a friend dumped her V70 awd after a short time because it cost so much to keep it running. Could have been a lemon, but that seems to be a common opinion. Of course, that would eliminate any VW, too. (hearsay)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I know, Im sure he wouldn't even consider a "Mini van" ::gasp::

But seriously have him check out a 2004 Toyota Sienna

Excellent vehicle. Very spacious, comfortable, quite, and very decent power.

Did I mention, rock solid reliability?

-Nick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
8 Participants
TAckhouse1
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing