Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I have a leak at the head gasket to the coolant tube at the back of the engine...does anyone know where I am refering too...and if this might be covered by VW (100K warranty)??? :???:

Has anyone else had a coolant leak other than the radiator itself??

thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
It should be i had a coolant leak to my turbo but i was out of powertrain warranty but my VW dealer claimed it would be covered so i woudl think urs would be too. If they try to give u BS about it i'd question things!

·
Lisa Simpson
15,043 Posts
Do you mean the T fitting on the back of the 1.8t?

If so, I had that leak a while ago. You need about 3 orings and an hour. You drain the coolant, remove the coolant T, and replace the orings. It is a bit difficult to get the thing back in there without the orings dropping out, but it will go. If you have a friend with small hands, it is easier.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes Alex, on the back, but not the T type on the top. It is the one below it. I am about to post a couple pix in 15 minutes, If you and anyone else can look and see how or why this is leaking at 65K miles. It is a slow leak, but enough to have me get G12 fluid and top off a quarter inch every few days.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
a friend with small hands, it is easier
I dont have a leak but definitely small hands ,

1.8Tabamoura services available.

Holding the orings , pulling the 173 , changing DRL bulbs ,adjusting headlights and everything where small hands can come "handy"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts