Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AT Italia Flash Sport 18 x 8

I hear these rims are no longer available except what stores have stock on, is this true? I really wanted to get some of these in 18's and noticed that the TireRack only has them listed in 17's and 19's. Do you have them in 18's by any chance?? :nervous:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
SeattleReign - I hope you can get your hands on some of those Flash Sport's!! Those will look SO SICK on your car... but then I am a little biased! :lol:
I wish I would have spent the extra $$ for the Sport's.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What up Mike! I loved your rims so much but didn't want to get the exact same ones (out of respect for another local B5'er) so I started looking at the sports, which I don't think are any more than the yours (or are they?). Problem I'm having is that Discount Tire says they can't get them in anything but 17's and 19's (way too big), and the Tire Rack lists them as the same. Just when I think I'm in for some sweet rims it looks bad for me.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I got mine last summer, and at that time the Flash Sports were a little more expensive than the regular Flash - I haven't looked at them since so I don't know if there's a difference in price now. Is Tire Rack the only place to get AT Italia rims?? I'll look around and see what I can find.
Any thoughts on suspension??? You know that once you get wheels, the suspension isn't far behind... :p

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
SWEET! I can't wait to see it!
I got all of my mods done before I found this forum... I wish I had see it sooner, I heard that it's best to upgrade the shocks when you change the springs... I didn't change my shocks because they only had a couple thousand miles on them. The ride is fine, but I'm sure with good shocks it would be be even better, and they would last much longer than the OEM ones will.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't wait either, I'm dying to buy my rims but need to wait a couple more weeks for the funds. Then I'll need another $500 for the shocks and then I'm set until Christmas when I'll ask my wife to get me chipped (GIAC). :lol:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the Wetterauer chip - I don't really 'need' one, but for $295 I can't say no... I'm hoping to get it in the next couple months. By this time next year I'd also like to have shocks & brakes... and maybe a tip chip :D we'll see!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I keep going back and looking at that photo at the beginning of this post.... Man, I really wish I would have gone for the Flash Sport! I'll just have to drool over yours. :lol:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stop it, you're killing me. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get the flash sports now, at least in the size I want. I won't lower myself to 17's and I'm not crazy enough to put 19's on a daily driver, so if I can't get a positive response on shops having good stock on these for the next week or so I'm screwed and then back to the drawing board I go. I really think the ones you have look great on your car, yes the sports would look good too but what you have really works... at least I think so. Tell you what, when/if I get the sports maybe we can swap out our rims every so often. :lol:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just curious, why the Wett chip? It is at a good price I must admit, have you read up on all the different chips? I'm also thinking of going with a tip chip someday... someday. Are you going to supersize your brakes? I know as soon as I go with 18's I'm going to want bigger rotors and some painted calipers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts