Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
B4 1995 1.8 RHD station waggon. UK

Please can someone help me with an unusual problem?

My power windows have a mind of their own and have opened by themselves on several occasions, I observed it happening once, they incremented open in 1/4" drops.

This happened one night when it was raining heavily, and the car is soaking inside!

Thanks in advance, Streak

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
power windows mis -behaving

I'm getting desperate now, the wind is howling and the rain is persistent, please don't consign me to the pedal bike!!

I disabled the power windows, but I am still no where near:banghead: to fixing the problem!

HELP! please

Streak:banghead:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I think your initial problem was the CCM (convenience control module) and now even more so that your car is basically flooded. Do a search here for CCM It should answer all your questions. Sorry that this happened to you :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply Candywhtb5, this is a B4 platform, afaik it does not have the CCM under the carpet, I know my B5 does. I worked on the B4 yesterday and removed the aftermarket alarm components, I suspect that they could be causing the window issue, and the battery drain that has also been happening (even with a new battery!)
Time will tell!!

Streak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts