Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my hood will not open. I tried pulling the level but it does nothing. The last time i opened my hood was when i changed my oil 1500 miles ago. Now today I am working on my driverside door and my trunk won't open. Is there a way to open hood??

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
OK, if you can pop the hood from inside the car:

Take a wire shirt hanger and a flashlight. Using the wire hanger pull the lever from between the hood and the grill. Open up the wire hanger to get an extended reach. Once the hood is open, see why the lever is unhooked...

·
Registered
694 Posts
Same thing happened on my wife's Cabrio (under warranty), maybe similar enough to B5(?). Dealer tech had to call VW for advice, ended up breaking the grill and using a coat hanger as sounds like YetAnother is describing.

Note (unlike the Cabrio), there is a way to get at and disconnect the midpoint of the cable in the Passat if needed. It can be accessed thru the fender well. Not sure that would be of any help though if it's really disconnected at the latch as it sounds like.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.