Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a flat in the front left and had to change the tire. When I pulled open the flap that lets you see where to put the jack, I broke it off. The part number is STU 3B0 853 917. Does anybody know if I can just go to the dealer and buy a replacement and snap it back on, or whether I'll have to do something special. Thanks,

Jonathan
http://www.joker82.de/images/mein_passat/vw_teile/karosserie/schwellerklappen.jpg

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
You should be able to just roll by the dealership and pick one of those up. THere's two little tabs at the top where it slides into the plastic then shuts closed...

·
Registered
393 Posts
I lost one of mine and got a replacement from the dealer. I think it was around $10.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
jjasper13 said:
Thanks, I didn't think it would be easily replaced. I'll hit the dealership soon!!!

Jonathan
The funny thing is I didn't discover that flap until a few years into ownership. I never opened it and then about 6 mos ago, pop, the thing breaks off when I opened it to see the jack location. Thanks for the part numbers and dealer info. I've been driving around without one of mine for a while thinking I couldn't replace it. :(

-Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts