Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As stated I'm planning on buying a staggerd set of Axis milano's (8.5 fronts and 9.5" rear) I'm planning on running a 235 in the front and wanted to strech a 245 rear...I own a b5.5 and am running koni coils. I have 225's in the front and 245's in the rear on my 18" carlson's right now but I know it's a differnt ball park when i plan on running a wider rear...My question is with that tire size set up will I rub??

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Thanks,
James

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
You CAN stretch 245 on a 9.5 (SaltyD stretched a 245 on a 10), but it will be stretched. It depends how low you go whether you will rub or not, id run 265-30 on a 9.5, but thats just me. James (Jdubu81) ran 275-30 on his Milanos and didnt rub. You should be fine with 265 :thumbup:
HTH

·
Registered
70 Posts
i run 245/35 on my 9.5's and a 42mm offset and it tucks just fine and still has rim protecter.

i run 225/35.19's on my 8.5's and they tuck just fine also and still provide plenty of rim protection..i run 35mm offset up front..

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys for a sec i was getting a little worried that i wouldn't be able to fit the wheels and drive comfy...

·
Registered
589 Posts
shouldn't have a problem especially with the b5.5 I'm using 235/35/19 (F) and 265/30/19. You'll like em once you ride them!!!!

Andy

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I'd run 235/35r19 on (f) and 265/30r19 on (r).You should not have any problems as long as you have the right offset for the rear.Good luck keep us posted w/ pics when you get them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Andy -

Sorry I missed the BC GTG last weekend - I wanted to see your wheels. How do you like the staggered setup? Any drawbacks? Any weird handling characteristics? I plan to get a 8.5"/9.5" staggered setup in the near future.

Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey Mike, no problem, we'll catch up with ya on the next one. It was damn cold anyways. As far as the staggered set-up I did notice some drawbacks with the wider wheels, not too much but some. First of all, it changes the way the car feels, not as nimble as when I had the 18x8.5's, turning around a corner the car feels more sluggish. Also, the car tends to be alot more grippy in the rear compared to the front. Other then that I don't see too much of a change, love the wheels, and love the overall drive. Don't think I would change my mind about getting the staggered set-up. One thing that does really suck is wheel wear, not sure how I'm gonna go about rotating the tires. See ya soon MIKE!!!

Andy

Thanks for the pic. Alex :D

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok i think i'm going to buy a set up with tires they are brand new with 235-35-19 fronts and have 265-30-19 rears..I believe the fronts are a 38 offset and the rear is a 45..should i have any clearing issues??
my car is dumped on coils right now will i have to roll the fenders??
By the way i have 18's right now 8.5 fronts and 9.5 rears

1 - 10 of 10 Posts