Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im on one of the last steps of installing my vesteca foglights from the recent groupbuy. How do you connect/or even find the parking light that supplies the power to the switch. My car is all ripped apart and if anyone could get back to me I :bow: :bow: :bow:

Dan

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump please!!

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
Dan,

I'm basically in the same boat except my car is not torn apart. Does your wiring harness that came with the fogs have a relay? Mine does and aparently the older version of the kit did not. This is why things are more complicated this tiem around.

I'm not sure why you are looking for the parking lights for power. The grey/yellow wire from the relay should be tapped into the exisiting grey/yellow wire for the fogs. What I don't know is where to connect the red wire for power. All the directions say is connect it to the battery.

Let me know if you have any success.

Tom

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the manual it says to get power from the parking lights.. I'll try again tmw. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.