Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow B5r's

I've come accross a good deal on a BMW 540i and want to make sure it has a legit clean title.

If anyone has access to CarFax currently could you please run this VIN for me.

VIN# WBADN63441GM70963

TIA

Jason

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
Thumber said:
Hey fellow B5r's

I've come accross a good deal on a BMW 540i and want to make sure it has a legit clean title.

If anyone has access to CarFax currently could you please run this VIN for me.

VIN# WBADN63441GM70963

TIA

Jason
It's clean, two owners and originally stole in New Jersey.....uh....I mean sold in New Jersey. :)

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
I don't want to take advantage and if you don't want to do it, I'd respect that but I noticed that my hood has been repainted and I am now wondering if the car has been in accident or had some significant damage in the past. Would you be willing to run a report for me as well? My VIN # is WVWMA63B4XE377393. If you will, thanks for the help.

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
00Psst said:
I don't want to take advantage and if you don't want to do it, I'd respect that but I noticed that my hood has been repainted and I am now wondering if the car has been in accident or had some significant damage in the past. Would you be willing to run a report for me as well? My VIN # is WVWMA63B4XE377393. If you will, thanks for the help.
No probs:

02/26/2000 NICB
Vehicle manufactured and shipped to original
dealer

02/26/2000 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Whitestone, NY
Registered as
personal vehicle

04/11/2000 3,989 New York
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Whitestone, NY
Title issued
First owner reported
Loan or lien reported

02/08/2001 27,287 New York
Inspection Station
New York City Area
Passed safety inspection
Failed emissions inspection

08/01/2001 37,177 Dealer Inventory
Manchester, NH
Vehicle offered for sale

08/30/2001 37,201 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Maintenance inspection completed
Fluid levels checked
Lube oil and filter changed

09/05/2001 Dealer Inventory
Vehicle offered for sale

11/27/2001 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced

12/30/2002 62,817 Service Facility
Vehicle serviced
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Thanks for running that. I also took advantage of the free report link posted above. Its nice to see that there is no report of major damage but I'm at a loss as to why the hood was repainted and why they did such a lousy job. :mad:

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
00Psst said:
Thanks for running that. I also took advantage of the free report link posted above. Its nice to see that there is no report of major damage but I'm at a loss as to why the hood was repainted and why they did such a lousy job. :mad:
Minor damage probably. Sometimes it's easier to repaint the hood then fix a lot of rock chips and scratches.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
:shock: :shock: :shock: Just got the estimate to repaint my hood! $625 to strip it, do a little bit of body work, prep and paint! I was hoping it was going to be more like $300-$350 - this is really going to eat into my mod budget now! :thumbdow: :mad:

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
650 sounds really steep. Maybe you should try and get a second estimate. When I was rear ended, I took it to a body shop to get an estimate on stripping it, priming, and painting, and it came out to be around 300 bucks. Granted the hood has more surface area, but I would imagine it to be a bit easier to paint.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts