no i have a V6 and yes i'm pretty sure it's the cap because the problem goes away for like 8 months to a year each time. Not counting the times my wife forgets to close the cap properly. I also have a vag-com and i check the error codes.
Under warrenty the vacum hose has been replaced. Apperently it was a recall. They also verified replaced a sensore and honestly they did something else i can't remmeber. I went in the dealer 4 times for this. I just went 8 month without and issue and the problem went away. The car is out of warrenty and honestly i love my B5 but...
I don't care whether or not there is a small evaportation leak in the fuel tank.
As far as I know the answer is no, because if you disconnect your evap purge valve and or your LDP pump will set a CEL. Since you have a VAG-COM you could do an output test to see if your EVAP purge valve works. Now it is possible that you might have a small leak in your gas tank. After you fill up do you notice any gas smell and or leaks? The proper way to diagnos this problem would have to be with a smoke machine. Hope this helps and good luck.
I too have a V6 with the same problem. What code are you actually throwing?
1) The problem that you are describing is not prohibitve to proper operation.
2) Hold your ear above the Purge Flow Evap Valve. It sits on top of the airbox. It should be clicking when working properly. It is audible.
3) If not buy two hose clamps and some Carb cleaner.
4) cut the clamps on the valve
5) spray carb cleaner into the valve
6) let it sit a bit.
7) rinse it with the cleaner again.
8 ) dry it out.
9) reconnect it.
10) clear your codes with VAG and listen for clicking.
11) Clicking? Let it go awhile. It may represent itself at which time I'd get a new valve.
12) Not clicking? Get a new valve.
This is how I clean mine. I claim no responsibility for the success or failure of this operation. Do it at your own risk. Good luck!
I was trouble shooting yesterday and i noticed that the error i get in the vag-com is the same problem anyone would get if they left the gas cap off there gas lid. So i don't think that it is Purge Flow Evap Valve i could be wrong. I did listen for the clicking sound you discribe and it is there.
So i guess there is no way to disable to.?
fed up! :evil:
thanks for your help. I will clean it one day soon
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.