Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new car a 98 passat 1.8t that all my friends in their hondas discount the power of da DUB. what's the first couple of engine mods i should to get to make them regret ever laughing at my car?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Chip it. I have Wett and could not be happier. K&N air filter, wider exhaust and sportier suspension are worth while too. From there you could rock it any way you want to.
Welcome!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Chip ofcourse would be the best bang for the buck power wise and you will be able to feel the power instantly.

The way I started was a good Shock and Springs setup like Bilsteins and Eibach. Even thought that is not going to give you horsepoer/torque, atleast you will be able to handle your car when the power comes. It is also a lot more fun to drive.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Do a Colarado Air Box Mod, a K&N Filter, and Exhaust, then you will begin to see how a little massaging goes along way with the 1.8T. :beer:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Okay I give up. Not to hijack this thread or anything, but I've searched and searched and cannot seem to find any info on a Colorado Air box mod. What is it? Thread link? Is it just changing out to a cone filter?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
1BadWGN
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing