Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01.5 passat is approaching 60k. How much will it cost for the service in San Francisco area? Any recommendations of which dealer to go to? I am also wondering should I change my timing belt as well and how much will it run up? Any other thing I should pay attention to? Any help and feedback will be great. Thanks, max

·
Registered
272 Posts
I got an estimate for a timing belt, water pump, t-stat, accessory belts, and the whole works and it was going to run $600, but that's in michigan.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I just paid $750 for timing belt and tensioner; another $80 for accessory belts. I'd wait till April 15 when VW.com says they will have a service coupon. Usually it is for $75 off of scheduled maint. You may have to argue with them, though since the T-belt isn't officially scheduled this early.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
V6 timing belt change is listed under the hood on a red sticker (near driver's headlight assembly) for 75K miles. Not sure if the 1.8T has the same sticker or not.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a V6, sorry forgot to mention that. So I dont have to change it until it's 75000?? Have anyone done a 60k service in the Bay Area and can recommend a good dealer? I am moving back up home from school since I dont have class everyday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts