Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an only owner of a 2002 Passat 4-motion V6. Very low mileage, 68,900 or so. She's been the only car I've owned that has made many trips to the dealership for issues. Several yrs ago the dealership closed and a new one was built up the road. Had timing belt done and valve cover gaskets replaced at the new dealership. Had a great mechanic who loved working on vw's and got to speak with him. He said if I was ever going to sell the car call him first. He has since left that dealership and moved but we keep his number on hand. The dealership will not work on her anymore, to old they say. Brought her to a Audi dealership and they were more than happy to do some work on her, radiator flush if I remember correctly. Got a loaner car for the day, that was fun. My husband does some work on her as needed and I've been on this site to diagnose from time to time. This is my first post so... I hope I did it correctly. First forum, ever....:):):):)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
you will be able to get a lot of help on this forum especially in the B5 section, main thing in regards to your car is age rather than mileage , main thing I recommend if not already addressed is the sunroof drains and the battery tray area under protective valence panel , on a mechanical level they are a "2" in difficulty, a "1" being changing a tire. The drains and their failure over the years do to detritus cause water in the computer modules under the driver and passenger footwells.......welcome!! and feel free to ask questions ,really helpful and non-judgemental members

1 - 3 of 3 Posts