Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2002 Passat 1.8T.. and would like to do some mods to it...
Anyone in the Toronto area know of good places, for a good price, to get it done??

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mainly egine mods.

Im looking for a diverter valve, chip, and boost gauge.

I seen on this site (somewhere), blacked out tail lights and i think it looks great.
Any places you know of?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
For the blacked out tail lights, you can look at http://www.jonstintedtails.com For euro parts you can send me a PM, as I can get lots of parts availalbe in europe for you. I'd check out the above links, along with:

http://www.awe-tuning.com
http://www.ecstuning.com

Dependign on where you're located at, there's lots of shops that do mods, if you're on the East coast tho, you want to see B5Bel.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Forget the intake, you'll get no performance gain. Actually, you might be worse-off with an aftermarket CAI b/c most of the ones I've seen for the B5 aren't really drawing the air from the outside. The stock intake, which actually is a CAI, will be your best bet. Stick with it. :wink:

Now, if you're looking for a louder intake sound with no performance gain, then go with an aftermarket CAI. :roll:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey there mike - this is real important- jsut got my 2002 passat 1.8t as well so we r kinda in the same boat here- i went to my local performance shop looking to do some mods to mine and they told me that putting such things as a boost controller on the new vw's will make it shut down basicly- the computer realizes that something is interfearing and thinks its not good(the boost controller) and it basicly shuts down. good luck ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
search for the COAM or Colorado Outlaw Airbox Mod' and do it yourself. My personal opinion is the price of an intake for the B5's compared to the gain is not worth it. The COAM works so well, there's no reason not to do it. The member 'rusty' clocked his 0-60 times before and after the airbox mod' and he improved his times by .7 seconds without really pushing the car to see max gains. Check out APR and GIAC. I'm a fan of GIAC because AWE Tuning is so close, but see APR as an equal. Check the write ups in the information forum for "how to's" and "do it yourself" write-ups. This will save you some cash. Also do a search for chips, or read the thread in the information forum again about different chips. There is a lot of information in the history of this forum just waiting to be researched. Spend a good couple hours a day reading the old threads. It will teach you a lot about these cars, and mod's. Good luck, and hope your mod'ing goes well for you. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.