Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I've got a bone stock 2000 variant 1.8t, tip. (Besides tinted windows)

I've been a LONG time MK2 fan/driver untill I got married. (still a fan, but the toys had to go...for now.) Then my son came along.....and now I have a wagon. It's taken some time to get used to. I've had it for about 2 years now.

This seems like a great site, and hopefully I can share some info and learn a thing or two during my stay.

Plans for the wagon in the short future are suspension, (nothing crazy/mild drop), possibly a chip, and some probably 17's. Right now I'm riding on my winter digs, and I'm ready for a change. I'm also going to pop in the stereo system I have laying around the house.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome from a fellow 2000 B5er (not variant though)!

You've joined the right forum, my friend. Post up some pics! We don't care if it's bone stock.

:sleep:

·
The "Odd" one
6,068 Posts
welcome. Post some pics of the new ride...and the old ride too as many of us are MK2 fans ourselves

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, I don't have any pictures of the wagon, but I'll take some soon. Here's one of my last project.

1988 GTI 16V
P/P head, NEW 2.0 block, TT valve springs, Euro intake cam, ABD big bore intake, eurosport header and exhaust, ABD short shift, NEW trans w/LSD, stage 2 clutch, Lightweight flywheel, ABD wires, Eibach springs, koni struts/shocks, 16 rims with Falken rubber, Big bumper kit, badgless grill, Euro single round headlight conv, the list goes on....
(she's a little wet in these pics)

I'll hunt for some pics of past projects. (90 corrado, 92 GTI, 88 GLI, 84 Rabbit GTI)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
welcome to the club!

i too went from gti mk2 to the variant b5 in 1999. I drove my gti up to 207,000 miles. Only had to change clutch twice !!

Sounds like you have great plans for your variant. you can find a lot of help in this site from knowledgeable drivers of building your new project.

keep us posted with your progress!

e

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey welcome to the club fellow b5er. I have a 2000 silver passat 1.8 myself. I'm just ordered an intake. I can't wait until it comes in. As soon as I figure out how to post pics, i'll be up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts