Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not new to forums but obviously new here. I have owned a number of air cooled vw's but only one water cooled (1988 Cabriolet). I thought I would be posting that I just purchased a 2004 4motion 5 speed with a 1.8L turbo but it was sold from under me. My intention was to drive it for the winter and pass it off to my son who is away at college and will ned a car the next school year. I am looking forward to reading through the various posting to educate myself more. I do have a question now though. Should I steer away from the 1.8 turbo as I should stay clear of the w8? I have read the w8 has been a trouble motor and I have read a lot about the 1.8 oil sludge issue. Any insight would be appreciated as we have not pulled the trigger on a car yet and we will take our time in order to make an informed decision. In a way I am glad the other deal fell through as I don't think I know enough about the motors and transmissions as I should. Thanks for reading and I hope to be a positive member of this forum.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.