Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a 1999 V6 passat today and its great so far. but it didnt come with an owners manual. anyone know where i can find one?
also when taking off from a stop (i.e., stop sign, red lite) sometimes it spins the back tires and squeals like im running a race. im not taking off very fast when this happens. anyone know what thats all about?
thanks.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
as for as the manual goes you can post a WTB: thread in the classified section..someone may have one there willing to part with

as for as the tires go..you have front wheel drive so i dont know how the back tires are spinning. do you have stick or auto w/tiptronic?

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,610 Posts
sounds like you may have a stuck caliper or a problem with something on the rear brake hanging up.
get it checked out.
welcome to da club

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its an automatic w/ tiptronic. other than the occasional squeal this car runs like a champ. 82k miles & some wear & tear but nothing to really complain about. im lookin foward to hanging out & talking to you guys.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
If it's 4Motion, it should be badged on the trunk lid and Tip shifter surround.
Also - look underneath it. Drive shaft to rear differential/ fully independent rear/ full dual exhaust, it's 4Motion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts