Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to take the time to introduce myself! My name is kevin, I am a auto broker from Maryland and have owned many cars in my day. Considering the nature of my buisness I have never really owned a car for more then a few months until I found the car I will be going to the grave with....I bought my 04' Passat gls 1.8T 4Motion w/147k at an auction a couple years back for 1300$. I figured I would make some really good money on it so I drove it around and began to fall in love with it....noticed it leaked gas every time I filled it up so I had to cut out a panel under the rear seat and slapped on some jb weld on the broken/ cracked nipple at the top of the tank...well my car now has 177 on it and I cant complain one bit. The only problem I have had to date was the oil pressure light came on so I changed the oil to the right stuff and put an xl filter on it...problem resolved itself...I put the best all weather good years on it and it laughs at snow storms...I hit a dear last year and they didn't total it but gave me 2200... I'd say I'm ahead of the game to say the least....my next project is the headlight upgrade and that is the main reason why I joined this forum....hope I can find the answers....thank you for your time and I cant wait to read everything about my car...

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,285 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Marylander.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,285 Posts
Heh. Might see you around then

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe a beer or two....I'm still having issues finding what I need on here....any idea why when I typ my handle in the search it shows a bunch of posts that I never posted....lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts