Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my name is Ethan and i am new to this site, looking forward to meet some PassatWorld members. I own a 1999 black :b5: variant 1.8T and i even so it is my first car, i have loved VW's my whole life, thanks to my dad! He is also a PassatWorld member, exept he has been for almost ten years compare to me. See you guys soon on the forums!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to Passatworld. I just got on this site myself… First thing I will be doing is replacing my Aluminum oil pan on my 2001 Passat 2.4 V6 GLX. with a steel Dorman oil pan. Hit a speed bump that must have had a sharp rock on it and put a 4inch tear in the aluminum pop can oil pan… Just made it home with the STOP light blaring in my face. Note: The "protective" heavy plastic shield was off due to the fact that it had been torn and hanging from the bottom of the car so I removed it… After this mishap, I will look into getting a new one. Great post on this site giving instructions and warnings on how to change this oil pan. Will be going to the dealer today to get the sticky gasket for $30 along with Mobil 1 Synthetic 0-w30 or W40 and filter.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
Hello everyone, my name is Ethan and i am new to this site, looking forward to meet some PassatWorld members. I own a 1999 black :b5: variant 1.8T and i even so it is my first car, i have loved VW's my whole life, thanks to my dad! He is also a PassatWorld member, exept he has been for almost ten years compare to me. See you guys soon on the forums!

Hey kid!

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,152 Posts
Aw, not just Passatworld family, but family-family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RAH
1 - 7 of 7 Posts