Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
madigan said:
Chas said:
Joe, I have a set of those lamps coming from Cullen as well. I was also concerned with the Hi beam/factory Fogs not working. But I figured I would work it all out after I got the lamps.

The front lense on these lamps comes off quite easy. Just pop them into a warm (not hot!) oven set at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes and then the lense will just pry right off. I had to reglue one of those grey metal surround pieces back into it's slot on my old lamps. Goofy things they are.

But I am hoping that the hi beam/fog bulbs will work in the new lamps and it will be as simple as we are thinking. But then again, I want the city lights to work as well. HA! I want it all baby! :lol: :lol: 8) :crazy: :crazy:
The others are right. You will lose the fog function, but don't you have fogs custom mounted in the lower grills...they are probably much better than what you'd get out of the headlamp fogs, don't you think. I thought you're going to upgrade to xenon's anyway. :p :)
Yeah Mark, I have a set of custom mounted fog/driving lamps in my lower grille right now. But what I like about the factory fogs is that it's just that much more lights added to the road. It would have been nice to have the factory fogs back in place, but oh well... :cry: :roll: :(

If I can find a set of Xenon driving lamps in the right size I would love to upgrade to those. Any Ideas? Are the Hella Micro DE lamps xenon?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'd be in on a GB. I got lights from Cullen coming as well. I wonder if he has the hookups to get a GB on the versatecs as well.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The city lights in my projector housing was operated like the US-spec fogs for a short period of time - all I did was swap the position of the fog lights lead into the city light position in the headlamp harness. Easy job.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Check out the end of http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62711&highlight=. Were all giving input there as Cullen frequents there and might take notice or someone else who can possibly get a GB together. I think it's more of a feeler than anything but if the interest is there someone with connections might be able to hook us up. :lol:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts