needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
yay, my hometowners are morons. :cry:

·
Whats Up Doc
2,813 Posts
Here is the posting...for the lazy folks lol

1998 VW Jetta - $2400 (Hagerstown)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-03-20, 2:31PM EDT

1998 VW Jetta for sale. Very clean. A must see situation. If I had a camera available, I would show this car. 124,000 miles. 2.0 motor. By the way this motor is one of VW's b est motors. The VR6 is absolutely no competition to the 2.0 motor. Germans know their cars. It is 5-speed manual transmission. NOT AUTOMATIC. The automatic VW's had some trouble. Entire books have been written about the complicated theory and science of the VW automatics. An automatic transmission relies on transmission fluid to act as a clutch...and should be changed every 30,000 miles. Most people don't change the automatic fluid. If the fluid is very dark and has extreme odor, you need to examine the trany. By the way, the motor and trany are the most expensive of all vehicles. If interested in this awsome Jetta, call 240-291-4770 or 304-271-8871. Ask for J.T. The car is red in color and black interior.

·
what the heck is an echo of gecko anyways...
1,960 Posts

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,712 Posts
Yes it is. Just depends on which one you have. 12v or 24v....and how many coil packs you've replace.....and vacuum lines.....and I've only had mine 4 months....hehe.
But hey, would still take it over the 2.0 any day.

Someone should flag the guy for false advertising....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just saw this and now there´s a mouthful of coffee all over my keyboard...Let me tell you, I have the 2.slow in my B5.5 manual wagon, and it´s SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWWWW. It´s reliable and the fuel economy is great, but the engine is just no match to VR6. Period. What´s this guy on???

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Lol, I would put my 24V VR6 up against any 2.slow :)
Not even in the same ball park.
My previous Golf was a 2.slow. Nice engine, reliable and easy to work with, but it does not stand up against a 24v vr6.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts