Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i just wanted to ask has any one else had a squeel in there heater fan. I know its in the fan because when i turn off the heater it goes away. this noise is intermitent and almost seems like it does it when the body flexes more liek when turning a corner. Let me know your experiences or suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey guys i just wanted to ask has any one else had a squeel in there heater fan. I know its in the fan because when i turn off the heater it goes away. this noise is intermitent and almost seems like it does it when the body flexes more liek when turning a corner. Let me know your experiences or suggestions. Thanks
I've got exactly the same thing, and it appears when the weather gets cold. Now, though, it's the worst it's ever been. So far it only chirps on fan setting 1 and 2, but I'm sure it's a matter of time before it chirps on the higher speeds. I also noticed, like you, that it is worse when I turn a corner (usually a right turn) and thought that was just a fluke with my car. It's just amazing that the problem is that consistent from car to car, and the body flexure is probably the reason why. Glad I found this thread - the chirping has been driving me nuts. I'm going to try dry lube spray first, before ripping the fan out - anyone know of cheap sources for a new one??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts