Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.

My illumination light on my heater control is out and was wondering if anyone has ever changed one? I have a 2001 1.8T, so it's NOT the climatronic control one, but the manual contol one.

I know that you have to remove the front "plate" surrounding the radio, press button (i.e. hazards, heated seat controls etc), but not sure if it is just a light bulb back there or what.

If anyone has any input or help as to how to get the unit out and what replacement I need, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Carmine

·
Registered
352 Posts
i havent seen too many B5.5 interiors(at least that i can remember) but i have a B5 99' and my light was behind the fan contror (the 1234 knob). i just wraped some pliers with a rag(to prevent damage) ad puled the knob out, inside was the tiny bulb. good luck............

ALfredo

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
same thing has been happening to me.......if you press your AC button sometimes the lights will come back on......or you can turn the dial to 2 and then tap the knob, sounds stupid but it works......it's kind of a quick fix until i have time to replace the bulb..... good luck

·
Registered
147 Posts
It's the same. I replaced the bulb with that same one. I got it from the dealer, but still no light. I'm not sure what else to do?
When you have the thing out have you check the connection with a tester if it is receiving current or have you test the bulb first before installing? Chances are you either have a faulty bulb or a loss of connection somewhere along the line. It is a good idea to test functionality first before installing just to be sure, it somehow saves you time and effort of doing the task all over again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.