Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I recently had my VW Passat TDI 2.0 2016 serviced. Before doing so, I told the mechanic that the heater was blowing out cold air when the heat was turned to max and the fan was turned up. So I asked him to take a look.

He advised that the coolant pump was leaking and that this could be the cause. So I got that the fixed but the issue still persists.

The mechanic advised that all the right pipes are getting hot so heat is definitely being generated. He thinks that it may be problem with the temperature dial in the car but he couldnt say for sure. And he didnt want to take out the whole dash if that wasnt the issue. So he advised me to speak to VW and see if there was anything on forums where it may be a simpler fix.

I should say that if the heat is turned up to max and the fan setting is on 1, the heat coming out the fans is quite warm. Its just when you turn up the fan then you can definitely feel cool air.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 B7 2.5 L
44 Posts
there are several motors that control doors the open and close to mix hot and cold air that comes into the cabin. it sounds like that is the problem. The only other thing I can think of is air in the cooling system, but your mechanic ruled that out. If you can get someone to scan the car it might give you a code for which door is stuck or which motor has failed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts