Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2001 B5.5 Volkwagen Passat 2.8L GLX
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really digging myself deep with these Euro options, forgive me. It looks like there was a heated windshield option on European B5.5 / 3BG Passats. Currently my windshield is cracked, and I'm about to replace it, but while looking into the blank button opposite of the ASR button, I found out some people put in a heated windshield button, now I'm really tempted to buy a heated windshield.

Has anyone in North America done this? I saw this guide in German, put it into translate for easy access.

I need to find more details on this part # 3B0 845 011 BN. It looks like it is the heated windshield with rain sensor, but I wonder if it also has the shade. My Passat has the rain sensor and shade, so I don't really want to "downgrade" I haven't been able to find any photos of this other part number, so hard to say.

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't believe anyone has attempted this yet-the big hurdle being getting the glass.
Funny enough, it looks like the glass is actually available in the states without issue and much cheaper than some other options. Many semi-local dealers have it, I'd likely pick it up in Oshkosh though, I've been in Green Bay / Appleton, WI nearly every other week as of recently. Sent the dealer there a message, waiting to hear back on details

· If I See a Problem I Tell Someone
650 Posts
Funny enough, it looks like the glass is actually available in the states without issue and much cheaper than some other options. Many semi-local dealers have it, I'd likely pick it up in Oshkosh though, I've been in Green Bay / Appleton, WI nearly every other week as of recently. Sent the dealer there a message, waiting to hear back on details
You're getting mighty close to my stompin' grounds. And here your profile says you're from Minnesota. Transplant?

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're getting mighty close to my stompin' grounds. And here your profile says you're from Minnesota. Transplant?
Nope! Always lived in Minnesota, I do travel a lot though and just so happens that the Green Bay area is on my way quite often, I have some close friends over there too. Drove through twice when I went to Montreal in Dec. I was just in Madison and Green Bay over the weekend last week and on Feb 1st I'll also be back for my friend's trivia night in GB! :ROFLMAO:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts