Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In stuffing a screen door into my 02 wagon, I managed to rub a corner onto my immaculate headliner. Any recommendations as to cleaning it? My experience is that any rubbing with a cleaner will just make it look bigger.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
I've used window cleaner on my headliner to get out some minor dirt marks, but it all depends on the type of dirt. I was surprised it worked so well, but my headliner is old, so I did not mind taking the chance. You can test it on our door liner, as it seems to be the same cloth (at least it is on mine).

·
Registered
80 Posts
You might just try water on a clean white towel or rag, I've always tried that first with a lot of success. If that doesn't work, a little upholstery cleaner may do the trick.

·
Registered
26,221 Posts
Yes, generic Windex removed light grease/dirt stains without leaving a mark. I was pleasantly surprised.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Time to report my results. I used PZ's method, spraying windex (regular blue) into the spot and letting it set for about 15 minutes. Then I blotted the area with a paper kitchen towel, somewhat squeezing the towel into the spot. Looked good. After drying over night, looks very good. Thanks, PZ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts