Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change out my headlight bulbs for somehting other than that ugly stock yellow, looking for like a 5k or 6k. BUt my question is what is type of bulb i need to replace, H7? City Lights? Day Time running lights? I am confuised there are so many. I have a as you can proabbly tell a 2000 v6, i know this is probably a joke of quesiton to you older guys but a striaght answer would be aprreciated

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks EXACTLY the answer i was not looking for, but how did i know i was gonna get it. Like i said i searched but NOTHING. I asked for straight foward answers so please dont say search. As you can see i did and nothing

·
Registered
159 Posts
2000v65speed said:
Looking to change out my headlight bulbs for somehting other than that ugly stock yellow, looking for like a 5k or 6k. BUt my question is what is type of bulb i need to replace, H7? City Lights? Day Time running lights? I am confuised there are so many. I have a as you can proabbly tell a 2000 v6, i know this is probably a joke of quesiton to you older guys but a striaght answer would be aprreciated
be sure that your local law enforcement won't be upset with higher color temperatures that aren't stock. :poke:

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha well i feel bad so just send me the chiropractic bill alright. And thanks for looking out Oregon. One last question 55w or 100w? which is better are they differnt colors?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
2000v65speed said:
2000v65speed said:
Thanks EXACTLY the answer i was not looking for, but how did i know i was gonna get it. Like i said i searched but NOTHING. I asked for straight foward answers so please dont say search. As you can see i did and nothing
Funny, you said you didn't search but you searched? All at the same time?

Try posting over at Vortex.

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know its a b5, and i searched after you said serach and like i thought came up with nothing, and no ther not saying the same thing VW GUY "H7 is your low beam. H4 is your high beam/fog bulb." while 1.8 "on b5: h7 high, h4 low" wouldnt that be the opposite?

·
Banned
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So your saying H7 is brighter? i am very confused, go head you can make a joke i guess i deserve it just as long as you answer my question. So i can put H7 or H4's in my low beams?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I am not making fun of you. I am driving home the point which you attacked immediately with little or, likely, no thought. That point again is: SEARCH. This forum has existed for several years. There aren't many new B5/.5 questions.

I myself search. It works. The search needs minimal finessing.

Funny how everytime I say search - and I do it often - I am attacked. After the attacks settle and the confusion remains I still answer many of the questions. So I am a jerk for saying the obvious - search- and the guy who still gives the answer. Go figure?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts