Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello PassatWorld! It has been a while and I'm putting my B5 back on the road.

I was hoping that someone would be able to help shed some light on the headlight mounting hardware for our B5s.
I was able to find the B5 headlight screw (N90732301) while searching through the VW parts website.
I was also able to find the B5.5 speed nuts (N90981702).
But for the life of me, I can't seem to find the B5 speed nuts anywhere.
The internet is drawing lots of blanks, the dealerships are equally confused as I am and have no incentive to help so it's been like pulling teeth.
Somehow every B5 at every scrap yard in my area got crunched but I'll keep checking.

Now I know that I could just grab something off the shelf that is very similar, or potentially just bolt, nut and a couple of washers.
I was just hoping that I didn't have to go that route if I didn't have to and I like the aligning feature of the speed nut.

Can anyone help a brother out here!? There is plenty of beer in it for you if you're ever near Detroit or Toronto!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Believe it or not I found those ,bunches of sizes, metric !!! (and American/separate box) at an ACE Hardware in their specialty nut section,in those "slide" out cardboard trays. All ACEs have them.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I like the hardware store option (not home center).

Another option is ECS Tuning. You can put in B5 Passat, then search for Speed Nut--that returns just one page of hits, so you can probably find the VW part there.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I checked all stores besides an Ace Hardware! Thanks for the advice. The thing is a lot of places have hardware that is similar to this but is not what I'm looking for.
To be specific, I am looking for a direct replacement. Not something that is similar. ECS tuning, rock auto, etc etc were the first places that I looked.. I'm out of the obvious options but I appreciate the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts