Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

This is my first post here, reasong being my wife drives the Passat (I own a GTI). I was told this is a great place for information regarding the Passat, and am hoping some of you can help me with this problem I have:

Some jerk hit my wife's car in the parking lot last week, and took off. Besides scuffing the front left bumper, he broke the headlight housing. I pulled the bumper today, and took a look, it seems the lower left hand mount snapped, but it also has the same threded screw hole that Golf headlights have, meaning there is a repair kit for it. I called around, and found out it costs anywhere from $70 to $85 depending on the stealership. My frist question is does anyone have any experience with this kit, does it replace all four mounting points?

Also, the headlight's projector beam is loose. I didn't have time to take the whole assembly out, but did take a look at it from the angle available to me at the time. I just wobbles in its housing....I'm not sure how it is fixed in there normally, only that the right hand one doesn't move at all. So, my second question is: does anybody have a detailed diagram of the headlight assembly? Hopefully I can determine whether or not the projector assembly is broken, or just popped out from this.

Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I used to own a 86 GTI and had a similar problem with a broken mount for the adjust screw on the moulded headlight. I too did not want to buy a new lens so I put it back together with a hot glue gun. It held for many years but eventually failed. The second time I glued it with epoxy reinforced with some glass fibers. Never broke again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have one set of aftermarket none project head lamps, totally brand new , Made In Taiwan, if you like I can sell it for $150 plus shipping or you can pick it up by any chance, but it's for B5 only.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
GTI-337
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing