Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i wnet out started my car this morning and turned my headlights and fog lamps on as usual noticed only the fog lamp on the drivers side was working oh well 5:30 no parts stores are open on the way in to work i noticed the light would come on and go off thought maybe a short well as i pulled up to the gate at work i dimmed my headlights to just the drls the drivers side worked fine turned on just my head lights same thing as i drove from the gate to my shop it never turned of and thats a five minute drive but as soon as i hit the fog lamps off it went wondering if anyone else has had this issue and if so what caused it and what fixed it does not seem to be a short or lose connection because it only turns off and on when the fog lamps are on i am clueless as to what it could be i know (pretty sure at least) what it is not ie. bulb, short, ground, or loose wire so needing some help any ideas would be greatly appreciated

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
I tried to understand what you're saying, but I gave up after the second reading. Edit your post and insert punctuation. Maybe add capitalization too, if you're feeling ambitious.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Let me see if I get this. Paasenger foglight isn't working, but did go off and on? If I'm reading correctly your passenger DRL is acting up as well? Could it be the headlight switch itself?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the issue is only with the headlamps and not the fog lights when i said dimmed i mean i turned parking lights off. don't think the switch would do that, maybe.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
First post you say only your left fog lamp is working. Last post you say issue is with headlamps not fog lights????

If you want help, you need to rewrite the post and specifically tell us what the problem is. Use the proper terms - if you turn a switch, then state what switch you turned, to what specific position you turned it to, and what the state of the lights are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts