Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to achieve a combo of city lites and fogs on ONLY? Is it possible on a '03 W8? I've already disabled my DRLs...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Otherwise Troopster has them still I believe... Check the Marketplace forum before buying on ebay! There are some cheap non-OEM versions out there that cannot be uninstalled from the dash or are off in the color of switch illumination- seriously, thoroughly check the ebay switch before you install it to make sure you have an OEM one!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Euroswitch = fogs + city lights

Not sure why you'd want to run that on the street though...

Nonetheless, make sure you get an OEM Euroswitch. There have been lots of black market fake ones floating around on here for awhile. eBay is your best bet unless the seller on here can prove that it's a real OEM product. PM me if you need a judgment call.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
StattlichPassat said:
Euroswitch = fogs + city lights

Not sure why you'd want to run that on the street though...

Nonetheless, make sure you get an OEM Euroswitch. There have been lots of black market fake ones floating around on here for awhile. eBay is your best bet unless the seller on here can prove that it's a real OEM product. PM me if you need a judgment call.
Trust me, Troopster is selling the real deal. eBay is NOT your best bet for anything, why would you say that?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Not sure why you'd want just fogs and city lights, assuming city lights are synonymous w/ parking lights. I95 this past weekend I turned lights off and on with switch to signal truck to change lanes (I forget I had DRLs) and all of a sudden, my headlights went dead. Only thing working was fogs, and they were not very helpful. I had to pull over. Lights were fixed by turning car off and on. Crazy.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, the profile at dusk, dawn, or otherwise cloudy days... it looks pretty sweet on the street, actually. I got a switch from ebay seller ECstyling: he claims that it is an OEM piece. cant wait to pop it in.

But wait... REAR FOGS? does the passat even have those?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh YES...there are rear fogs. What year is your Passat. I just did the rear fog on my 03 V6 Wagon. It's mint. I'd be glad to help on this.

The process is fairly simple...minor mod. If I can do it you can.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
not sure if i want rear fogs...where do they go? what do they look like?

is it like the olds Aurora ultra brite reds in rear? thats the only example i can think of, i see some european cars have them too..like saabs or something?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
leadfoot said:
You got that right!
It's usually audi a4/a6 or porsche boxster driver who has NO IDEA what a rear for is and that it's on. I've rolled down my window and lectured a few people in rush hour traffic jams about proper rear fog etiquette. :lol:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
JamesBondage said:
It's usually audi a4/a6 or porsche boxster driver who has NO IDEA what a rear for is and that it's on. I've rolled down my window and lectured a few people in rush hour traffic jams about proper rear fog etiquette. :lol:
I followed a Mercedes 500 once and he/she had it on too on a normal day....drove me nuts. I am sure they get in and just say "I'm puttin' on all the lights...better to be seen". No! That's why I don't drive around on a sunny day with my high beams on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts