Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That is just the wiring harness minus all the associated hardware. I'm not intimately familiar with the OEM leveling system but theoretically it could work with non-HID lights, probably with some modification.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also forgot to mention will having put in a aftermarket HID kit make any difference at all or do they use the oem harnesses

·
I wish I wasn't witless
2,263 Posts
The kit seen there can be used with halogen or HID headlights. The leveling via the switch is actually meant for use with halogen lights; as the HID headlights from the factory can with automatic leveling. But this will work with either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
you do not seem to understand that the OEM headlight adjuster is designed to fail as soon as someone touchs it. you adjust, it breaks.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
That is just the wiring harness minus all the associated hardware. I'm not intimately familiar with the OEM leveling system but theoretically it could work with non-HID lights, probably with some modification.
Sorry about the previous post but I didn't fully read the ECS description of the product to begin with. I assumed it was the automatic leveling system for the OEM HID system, which has hardware on the rear suspension tied into the headlights. What is being referenced in the link you posted can be and is used for incandescent lights. You will need the switch for your dash, which is incorporated with the dash lighting switch, two leveling motors for each headlight, and the harness you linked to. Most VAG headlights have a dummy plug installed where the leveling motor will mount on the rear of the headlight. All you have to do is twist the plug to remove it, detach it from the reflector, and install the leveling motor in the reverse order of the plug. Just be careful when trying to fit the leveling motor into place as you can push to hard trying to snap it in and pop the reflector off of its other retaining positions. I don't remember if the leveling motor comes with the O ring gasket but if not you should be able to use the one from the dummy plug. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts