Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was at autozone a few minutes away from here i was looking at these silverstone lights or silver something lights and they say they are suppost to be farly bright is this true and would they work on 99 b5?

·
Registered
856 Posts
SilverStar? They are not reccomended by Daniel Stern Lighting.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/blue/good/good.html said:
For those who want the best possible performance from their headlamps and are more concerned with their ability to see rather than the appearance of their headlamps, the major bulb companies offer optimized bulbs WITHOUT the light-stealing blue coloration. Sylvania Xtravision (in the pink-and-black package), Osram Super and SilverStar(outside North America only!); Philips High Visibility (North America), Premium and Vision Plus (outside North America); Narva RangePower are the ones to look for.
Edit, posted the above before I saw your second post. SilverStar in North America do have a blue tint, but I do not know what they look like when illuminated, and daniel stern says they are overdriven, so they have a shorter life. Do give Daniel Stern a read though, they have great information about headlamps.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow i didnt know that thats why headlights get all gross looking but th ats for that info im pretty sure i have been using 50-55 so far so i should be fine i just want somethign brighter my ones right now just suck... and i dont wanna pay 1grand for projecter headlamps im thinking about fogs but i dont know yet...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
99blackB5 said:
wow i didnt know that thats why headlights get all gross looking but th ats for that info im pretty sure i have been using 50-55 so far so i should be fine i just want somethign brighter my ones right now just suck... and i dont wanna pay 1grand for projecter headlamps im thinking about fogs but i dont know yet...
Yea i know what you mean. I have the HID Looks and they are pretty bright with their bulbs they come with... Im just saving for HID's. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.