Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Eurodezigns light bulbs (H7) both died after 6 months. The spring portion broke off within the bulbs. I replaced them w/ the Silverstars. I do miss having the slight blue tint but I bet the Silverstars are of better quality. If anyone agrees , let me know.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Of better quality, but the Silverstars are still not going to last as long as a good clear bulb by Osram or Phillips. The Osram/Sylvania has to drive the filament in the US version of the SilverStars a little harder to get through the blue dye, as with all tinted bulbs.

When these go out, check out Osram (European) Silver Stars, or Phillips Vision Plus. These are both decent 55 watt bulbs, with the VP's being a little more on the white side. Check out http://danielsternlighting.com for an excellent summary of blue bulbs.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Both my Philips Vision Plus H7 bulbs died after 6 and 9 months...

May have to go back to stock after one more burns out cause they are getting expensive to replace...

·
Registered
11,542 Posts
Brags5, are you still running your passat with DRLs? You may find that without DRLs, your headlamp bulbs will at least double or triple in lifespan.

·
Registered
126 Posts
pics?

Do you guys have any pics of your blue tinted bulbs? I would like to see how they look on a passat....

·
Registered
126 Posts
what about the Nokya Arctic White H7 bulbs? I would really like to change my bulbs and don't know whether i should go for a white or blue look, but whatever it is it must look sharp and not tacky.. Any suggestion?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
in4sir
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing