Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to buy a new Michelin MXV4 plus due to some alignment issue, get an alignment and i know my front brakes are low. I want to get the best bang for the buck on the brakes. what brand should i buy?

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Get some different tires
mxv4's are poo. better tires are light light and day.
as for pads PBR/axxis pads are great. If its bang for the buck you wnat, get teh deluxes, as good or better than OEMS, cheaper, and low/no dust. Blank brembo rotors. Unless you track or have upgraded calipers, theres no point to slotted on our cars

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have MXV4 on other 3 wheels so don't i need to match? thanks for the help with the pads.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
the axxis ultimates will give you the best performance, as they are the most agressive, but they're dusty.

for your tire, if you're only changing 1 tire, i'd stick with the same.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If you don't like the OEM MXV4s and they are fairly worn, then changing all to a new tire may not be a bad idea.

If you purchase four Falken Ziez ZE-512 at $40 each ($160 total), but you shell out $112 for the one Michelin, you are not spending that much more.

When I got a nail in the sidewall of my Michelins at less than half the tread life left, I was quite happy to try out four new tires as I didn't like the Michelins.

I second the PBR Deluxe Plus pads and plain Brembo rotors. You can get them at a good price at www.getcoolparts.com.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts