Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ya hoo....Just found out I have to go to Dresden Germany for a two week work trip. Will head to VW's Transparent Factory to view where they make the Phaeton on the weekend.

Anyone been there, any tips...

Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Drink all of the best beer you can find, which is about all of it. Then tell me how to get a job working with you!:beer:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well made it to the Phaeton factory the yesterday. There was an L series in the showroom. It's like a limo, it has smart headlight technology that dims/brightens depending on what camera sees ahead. Also there is an auto door/soft close option where you close the door almost all the way and it does the rest by itself so not to make noise. IMG_8665.jpg IMG_8668.jpg

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,464 Posts
I remember the old European fly-and-drive vacation plans under which someone would take delivery on a new Mercedes or other German car in its native country, drive it a little over there, then ship it back stateside. I wonder whether this is still economically reasonable, because it strikes me as the only way to get a new Passat wagon, Audi A4 or RS4 Avant, or Ford Focus or Fusion wagon in the US.

·
Registered
423 Posts
It's funny you mention that John_E my boss was just talking about doing that with a new audi. If I ever get to the point where I can afford a brand new car, I think that is the way to go.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have heard that Volvo has a really good European delivery program. Not sure which of the German makes still have European delivery programs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts