Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave myself a break from the electrical and made my first test installation of the headers. I've noticed the driver side seemed further away from the chassis than the passenger side. A measurement at the tips of each pipe revealed the driver side is in fact about 1" further away. I'll probably get that corrected when it comes time to weld in the Lo-Backs. Here are a few pics:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Yowsas!

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for the compliments. After the headers went on, I tackled a few little details such as the coil bracket and where to mount the bracket for the clutch cable; this one took a bit of time since it's suppose to work on a 5.0 Mustang but my configuration changed the moutning points a bit but after a little cutting here, and some bending there, I was able to mount the clutch cable on one of the water pump bosses used normal for the PS or AC bracket. The "King Cobra" clutch is much stiffer than my Passat but seems to be about right for this motor. Reminded me a LOT of my 65' Mustang.

The next phase of the build is to figure out exactly where the fusebox is going to sit, run some power to the fuel pump, ignition box, starter, alternator , and dash, and I should be able to start the engine in a week or two. The Optima battery will be delivered today based on the UPS tracking but I don't have the necssary cables yet, to make the run from the battery kill switch, to the starter relay where the alternator is attached to. I'm also suppose to get an upgraded chip for the switch box so I can use momentary switches for the signal activation. When the chip is shipped, so too will the 4ga. ground and power (black and red) cables.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,712 Posts
Urlik said:
All these updates are damn near better than sex.
Yeah, I look for a new post from Herman 'cause I know it's gonna be a guaranteed nut when I open the thread.

Herman, I hope you do a vid for the first time you fire that gorgeous thing up.

·
needs more cowbell
5,946 Posts
that sidepipe pic is killer looking :D

lookin good herman

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
*wood*

1 - 20 of 30 Posts