Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

So my 2003 passat estate does not react to pushing the button in the driver door to open the back hatch. Same goes for the button on the remote.
I have an audi a4 estate b5.5 too. There it works fine.
You push the button on the remote and it opens the lock to the first open position. So basicly as if you didnt close it properly.
So even if it was locked. It can now be opened by the (electronic) handle. It leaves the rest of the car locked. And when you close the hatch, it will be locked again. And blink the rear blinkers.

I know. its been discussed a lot. And I read a lot of the topics on the matter. But no fix. All seem to point to broken actuator. Or mechanics connected to it. But then the handle would not work either. And mine works fine.

I took the inside cover off from the hatch. Already bought an actuator just to be sure.
But it just works. When i push the (electronic) handle. The actuator pulls the lock and it opens fine. Every time. No problem.
I even got my dome light to work again by cleaning the plug to the lock.
Contacts were was a bit greenish by corrosion.
I connected the new actuator too. didnt change anything.

Maybe its interesting to know. My windows also dont go up and down by holding the key in the doorlock.

Does anyone know what to do or what to check?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
It sounds like your CCM is not working correctly. The CCM is the 'comfort control module' and it's located under the carpet in front of the front, left seat of the car. Water can collect there and corrode the wiring or the circuit itself and cause it to malfunction. The CCM controls all the door locks, windows, latches, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts