1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Yes, they've been tried before. Many times. As far as I know, the only issue is personal preference.

Oh, and don't buy car parts on eBay. You never know which national safety standards they were designed for.

·
Registered
412 Posts
You'll like them for the first 8-12 months, then the clouded plastic lense from rocks and bugs will piss you off! (just from what I've seen)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe that problem could be solved with some 3M Clear Bra matierial applied from the beginning?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the FKs any less durable then my Hella HID looks were? The hid looks have held up just fine for almost two years. I just have been having trouble finding a source for the HID looks again and I have a busted one thanks to a fender bender... I like the idea of the angels... just wondering if the FKs are good quality/fitiment.

Woody

·
Registered
2,542 Posts

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
i've found fk's to be of questionable quaity. some have no problems, others have lots.

here's a pic of fk angel eyes on my car:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the pic... I think I am leaning toward trying the FKs... They do look sweet. D.Passat00... what front end is that? Is it fiberglass or ABS... looks sweet.

Woody

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
As with any preventative maintenance, I'm sure it would help for a while. The problem comes when that stuff starts to peel off, like all stickers eventually do.
3m/xpel Clearbra stuff for headlights is a 5-year film
If it doesn't last that long, its a warranty claim and something that is honored.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NM+... thanks for the info on clearbra. I think I am going to apply that on whatever I get for new headlights... I think I might roll the dice on the FKs just because they look so sweet. D.Passat, how is the fitiment? Do they fit good assuming they arrived to me undamaged?

Woody

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I just got my Xpel kit today ...

... And I got too hasty, and then screwed it up (got bubbles) big time on the driver's side :mad:

It's the only one I put on so I've still got the corner lights and passenger light films still. Hopefully I can purchase just the driver's side ...

:sleep:

EDIT: I'm getting a free replacement from whom I bought from! Buy from autosportcatalog.com if you're a twit like me, or feel especially inadequate about DIYs like aliencds :poke:

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I just got my Xpel kit today ...

... And I got too hasty, and then screwed it up (got bubbles) big time on the driver's side :mad:

It's the only one I put on so I've still got the corner lights and passenger light films still. Hopefully I can purchase just the driver's side ...

:sleep:
This is why I had someone do it. It was like $50 more :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts