Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fore!
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my kit from Airwalk, and don't really know how to install it. All I have for reference is my Bentley which has a wiring diagram for the W8 bi-xenon with dynamic leveling. Looking at the kit and the diagram, the two seem pretty similar. There are four wires that go to each headlight assembly, 3 wires that go to each of the two level sensors, a control module which sits ht the trunk, and six wires off the harness which probably connect to power, ground, starter, and some other stuff.

Comparing the US spec W8 wiring and the harness I have, they are the same number of wires in each area, but different colors.

Does anyone have an E-Code wiring diagram, or instructions? And does anyone know how to mount the sensors in the wheel well? Someone else must have bought this kit, right?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ordered the kit from Airwalk a year ago and am planning to install within the next two months. I have translated the original instructions I received from Airwalk into English, and also found a website in Germany which explains how a person installed the kit. PM me if you'd like me to email you a copy. On a side note, I'm also planning on installing the headlight washer system (W8 front bumper with cutouts, lift cylinders/washer jets, washer fluid pump, etc). It's pretty hard to find a used W8 front bumper from a junk yard--finally found one in Texas after searching for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I installed Airwalks Kit in 3 or 4 cars by now, FWD and 4motion. If there are any questions send me an email or PM, i'll try to answer asap.

The location of the rear sensor is a bit tricky on FWD cars, you have to remove the "shield" right before the rear axle and locate the prepared mounting holes. Problem is that these are covered by underbody sealant.

This is a picture of the sensor on the front axle:

This is the bracket before the rear axle you need to remove:

And this is how the sensor gets mounted on the rear axle:

The black "pipe" in the lower right corner is the arm of the drivers side rear axle.

I have a lot of information on the leveling system and HID fitment on my webpage - currently it's all in german language though...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts