Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just blew a big hole in my pocket but these things are SICK. I spend 800 bucks total for labor, all new wiring, a custom ported enclosure, 2 12' 1200 watt max audiopipe ipipes and a 1000 watt soundstream amp.
I was researching them and they are competetion subs. Im about to run another 1000 watt amp so each of the subs are being powered by 1 amp exclusively. 500 rms to each. I saved about 250 dollars as it was an 1050 dollar system but they bought my 1 eclipse 12'' and my dual 580 watt amp.
these things kick the shit out of the 1000 watt JL audio subs and the kicker comp VR's. and they can take virtually any amp u run them on

anywho... anyone using these beasts?:angel:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I never heard of them till the shop but em in. and they were like ok ur gonna hear these and then buy them, we guarantee. so they loaded them up in my passat and I tested them and was like DAMN im down

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm glad you like them but, they have been around a while, they make components geared towards a lower price point. They sell them in flea markets in my area. but if they sound good to you and your happy with your purchase I am happy for you.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked these model up on there site and alot of other places and they sold for 120-150 for each sub. Just like most sub/audio companies they have a high and low end. These speakers are known for the power they can handle. I saw the other models and they were like 150 rms and 300 max each sub. The previous subwoofer I had was the eclipse and it got great reviews and was only 350 rms.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
my bad they are 1600 watt max. they can run RMS at 800 watts
dual voice coil. 96 db
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Audiopipe-1...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247those ones
im sorry.. but I cant find many subs that have a list price of 160 dollars each that hit 800 wrms each
thats intense in my eyes hahaha
I looked up the kicker compVR's that were 250 each or something and they have the SAME RMS. and the ones for the same price of the audiopipes are 300 watts max!

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
keep in mind that the more expensive subs are a little better engineered, are more musical, and can handle the excursions quicker. while you think you got a good deal, the deal is in the eyes of the beholder.

that being said, if you like 'em, good for you. :salute:

·
Registered
846 Posts
x2. I have heard of them but mainly there lower end stuff, not like what you got it.
Most of the stuff I stick to now is higher pirced for the quality of the music and crisp sound etc.
Congrats though. Sounds like you and my neighbor would get along. He just got a new system,
and you can tell. Ha ha! I can't talk much though, I used to be that guy! You will have to post some pics.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
keep in mind that the more expensive subs are a little better engineered, are more musical, and can handle the excursions quicker. while you think you got a good deal, the deal is in the eyes of the beholder.

that being said, if you like 'em, good for you. :salute:
Ill just second that and leave it be. :thumbup:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is true. but if you get the idea of numbers and power it can handle you can get a picture in your head of how good they will sound. but if you want pics ill put up pics:greenthumb::pinkelephant::clown:

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so for 150 each you wouldnt want 800 rms running to each sub?
for that price?
how does it "sound" like junk
just because its not as known as kicker or JL audio?
have you even heard them or do you just not like the name

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
so for 150 each you wouldnt want 800 rms running to each sub?
for that price?
how does it "sound" like junk
just because its not as known as kicker or JL audio?
have you even heard them or do you just not like the name
No, it sounds like ass because it sounds like ass. Not as in "my buddy once told me this one time" but as in "I've heard them in person and they blow goats". You don't really want to go down the road with me on using esoteric brands. My entire front stage is from a company most have never heard of and I put together systems using brands even fewer have heard of.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts