Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new B6! Its awesome. I traded in my 1.8T Jetta. I am trying to install my radar detector. In my Jetta I had it hardwired to the fuse box and I had the wire go along the front windshield.
On the B6 I am having a problem laying the wire the same way. I couldn't find a way to get the wire from the instrument fuse box to the front wind shield...its air tight! Any ideas on how I should install the radar detector? I want it to turn on only when I have the car on....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I mounted mine near the top of the windshield. Works just fine, and doesn't appear visable to people outside of the car. I just tried different fuses until I found one that was activated by the ignition. No big deal...

Brett

·
Registered
152 Posts
BTLew81 said:
I mounted mine near the top of the windshield. Works just fine, and doesn't appear visable to people outside of the car. I just tried different fuses until I found one that was activated by the ignition. No big deal...

Brett
I am interested too. If possible, pl. let us know what route you followed to HARDWIRE the detector and which fuse you used.
Any pix would be extremely helpful

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hardwired my V1 to the fusebox on the driver's side running the wire up to the headliner and stuffing it underneath continuing to the A pillar down to the dash. The only part where the wire sticks out is at the little card holder thing. It was too tight to get the wire underneath. Then I stuffed it in the crease in the dash down to the fusebox. I have the hidden display mounted to the top of my steering column with that super velcro they use for I-Passes here in Illinois. I ran the wire out of the fusebox, under the dash and out to the steering column. I'll take some pics. I just have to figure out where to post them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts