Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is with a heavy heart that I must bid this great site goodbye. 1 week ago my 2004 Passat was about to be traded in when the timing belt broke. :cry: (I cant tell you how hurt I felt when my car was up on the tow truck).

At least I got one last awesome drive down Ortega Highway.:)

Luckily the dealer decided that since we already made a deal that I should just bring it in with out fixing it.:thumbup:

I just want to thank all those involved with this site, weather they are the ones running it or the members themselves, you guys have always been there for me when ever I had any technical questions. :bowdown:

I loved my car and reading others whom share the same interest was very cool.:bowdown:

I wish all of you the best. And besides, I may end up getting another one some day.:)

Take care,

Eddie:cool:
Aka
eddienali

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
That's rough dude. I remember watching my old Mazda getting hauled onto a tow truck after it got totaled by a teenager in front of my house. Hate that feeling.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Wow, that's a pretty cool dealer to do that. It's a pretty strange thing about how we hear horrible stories about dealers screwing people and then ones like this.

·
Registered
28,356 Posts
How many miles on it when it blew?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I must bid this great site goodbye. 1 week ago my 2004 Passat was about to be traded in when the timing belt broke. :cry: (I cant tell you how hurt I felt when my car was up on the tow truck).

At least I got one last awesome drive down Ortega Highway.:)

Luckily the dealer decided that since we already made a deal that I should just bring it in with out fixing it.:thumbup:

I just want to thank all those involved with this site, weather they are the ones running it or the members themselves, you guys have always been there for me when ever I had any technical questions. :bowdown:

I loved my car and reading others whom share the same interest was very cool.:bowdown:

I wish all of you the best. And besides, I may end up getting another one some day.:)

Take care,

Eddie:cool:
Aka
eddienali
2004 !!!!!!must have some serious high mileage or did something else fail first?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's rough dude. I remember watching my old Mazda getting hauled onto a tow truck after it got totaled by a teenager in front of my house. Hate that feeling.
It was rough, What was worse was sitting in the tow truck and pulling up in front of my house. All my neighbors came over and started asking what happend. Definatly a sad moment in my life!:cry:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow man good luck to you. pretty cool that you didnt need to pay for the tb repair. whats your next car?
Thanks! I was not sure what the repairs would have come out to.:confused:

My new ride is a 2006 Toyota Tundra. I got the V8 with the TRD off road package.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, that's a pretty cool dealer to do that. It's a pretty strange thing about how we hear horrible stories about dealers screwing people and then ones like this.
You are totaly right. When I went to talk to the dealership after this happend I told him that I would get the car fixed but that I probably couldnt get the truck any time soon.

I was shocked when he said that since we already have a deal to just bring tha car in. I couldnt believe it. I guess that there are some decent people out there after all. After all the horror stories I have read about I didnt expect this at all. Way cool!:thumbup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How many miles on it when it blew?
I was at exactly 76500 miles when I came to a complete stop. I am just glad that I didn tget stuck up at the top of Ortega Highway. There is no cell phone reception up there and there are no lights on most parts up there.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2004 !!!!!!must have some serious high mileage or did something else fail first?
It was the miles. All of my services were up to date. The funny thing was that literealy when it happend I was just thinking of weather ot not I have had the T.belt checked or if I should just get it replaced.:banghead:

The other thing that I had to do was to tow my car back over Ortega to get to the dealer in San Juan Capistrano. My freind and I rented a tow dolly.

If you are not familiar with Ortega Highway it is very curvy. the whole way there I kept imagining my car passing me by after comming off the tow dolly.:Yikes:

of course it never happend, but with my luck that week anything was possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts