Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sounds like he's getting it in the rear, not the front. Are you running the AC lately? I thought the rear floor water problem was regularly diagnosed to a clogged AC condensate line. Not sure if the hard rain has any connection to the problem here? Are you saying the car is exposed to hard rain and then develops a puddle in the backseat? Give us a little more.

Carl III

·
Registered
4,704 Posts
ckatkinson said:
Sounds like he's getting it in the rear, not the front. Are you running the AC lately? I thought the rear floor water problem was regularly diagnosed to a clogged AC condensate line. Not sure if the hard rain has any connection to the problem here? Are you saying the car is exposed to hard rain and then develops a puddle in the backseat? Give us a little more.

Carl III
The vents under the front passanger seat face the rear of the car (that is how the rear is heated/cooled) and when water gets through the pollen filter, it fills up the passenger side rear floor area.

This happened to me in my last Passat, and has happened to a few others around here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Respone Back

I live in LA. It will pool with water in a heavy rain ( 2" per hour and ^) I will try the pollen filter. I think it is the cars way of bringing it back to the dealer. This car wase definetly made with dealerships in mind.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Sorry NoneRock - I saw "front" and did not read "under the seat".

If the rain is the issue, it definitely sounds like infiltration from the vent system under the hood. it is located in the right rear corner of your engine compartment. There is one screw that holds the pollen filter housing cover on. Perhaps the housing cover is misaligned and water pours into the vent/filter. You probably have to remove the long battery compartment cover (I think 01 has this). This is easily done by sliding it out of the long rubber gasket that holds it in place to the firewall. Let us know what you find.

Good luck,

Carl III

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same flooding problem but on the drivers rear floorboard. Would this be the same problem? I checked the filter and it was dry. The damn dealer said he couldnt find anything wrong and I needed to leave it at their body shop. :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.