Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mid-size car Sedan
I had been driving a 1995 Mercedes, which finally couldn't be driven any further after it had a timing chain issue. I was going to purchase a 2015 Passat because I had always liked VWs and wanted a little bigger car. I did a web search about 4 months ago and found that the 2016 Passat would be updated and would have CarPlay (I'm an iPhone guy, so this interested me). I waited for 4 months for the 2016, taking the train to work and back, instead of driving. It was well worth the wait. I took delivery of the Passat the other day and, to me, it basically feels almost like an Audi. I'm used to less power assist on the steering wheel and maybe the only thing I don't like about the car is the more American style power assist. That said, it's not a big deal and the car is absolutely fantastic. The CarPlay is fantastic and I don't know how I got around without it (answer: I used to play with the phone a lot while driving ... a bad habit). The leather is nice and I liked the bigger wheels of the Chattanooga rims. All in all, a great car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.