Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
4,653 Posts
Ok, yeah the congressman was wrong, no argument here. But as for the original question, hasn't anyone heard of IPSC??? There's more to 'sport' shooting than going hunting. :suspicio:

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
Arj said:
Just to be clear, because, although I said I was playing Devil's Advocate, I get the feeling you guys think I want the general population to be able to carry guns on planes -- that is not what I'm advocating. My first and main point was that people are not just cogs that are all equal risks to commit terrorist acts. I think there are times when you can make an intelligent assessment about who is a likely risk and who is not.
I agree. My point was that I am judging the congressman based on what he did, not what he might have done. And that he should not be treated differently than you or me if we had done the same. Intent is not the issue. His actions and the consequences are.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
XSuROsISX said:
I'm so sick of crybaby pussies whining about guns being bad.
who, in this thread, says 'guns are bad'?

my only question was how useful or relevant is a handgun in the context of sporting.

"guns don't kill people. apes with guns kill people."
--C.H.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I think some hunt with handguns because it is actually harder to hunt and kill with, than a rifle.... I know of friends who hunt with Bows for the same reason (killing with their rifles is too easy) and another friggen mad man that hunts wild boars with a KNIFE :shock: :crazy: :D in the middle of the night.

·
Banned
131 Posts
linux-works said:
XSuROsISX said:
I'm so sick of crybaby pussies whining about guns being bad.
who, in this thread, says 'guns are bad'?

my only question was how useful or relevant is a handgun in the context of sporting.

"guns don't kill people. apes with guns kill people."
--C.H.
You misunderstood, I'm sick of people whining about guns being bad in general.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
hand guns can to lots of types of sporting: hunting, paper targets, sillhouete, competition, or even families shootin tin cans out in the middle of nowhere

personally, im a bigger fun of shotguns and shooting clays. cant beat the value of an 870 express

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I enjoy shooting all types of guns, usually carry a 9mm with me on road trips, otherwise its relegated to range duty, carry a .357 mag when I am hunting, just a backup to my rifle or shotgun...stupid people give guns a bad name, oh well thats generally the case with anything that has a negative stigma. Stay safe :thumbup:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts